The future of students is very challenging as the present age is the age of Information and Communication Technology (ICT). ICT is universally acknowledged as an important catalyst for social transformation and national progress. Instructional technology will be the key to educational quality. As such Andhra Pradesh State recognizes IT as the fastest and the most advanced vehicle of change for all-round progress and development of the State. The Andhra Pradesh state Government's policy on IT is "Remove information asymmetry among people, improve citizen services at all levels of Governance, promote IT investments in the state, develop human resources through IT". Hence, computer education has been made an important part of school education .
Functions of the Department
- Development of syllabus, course ware, training manuals and teaching learning materials.
- Organizing training programmes for teachers, teacher educators, and also to the non-teaching staff.
- Coordinates with NCERT, RIE Mysore, SSA(RVM) etc in conduct of trainings, seminars or field studies.
- Rendering necessary support to MANA TV live presenters.
- Training and encouraging teachers and teacher educators to participate in National / International competitions. Ex: Microsoft Innovative Teachers Leadership awards.
- Holding survey studies to know the functioning of ICT@SCHOOLS projects. Ex: 1000 schools and 5000 schools CEP. And to provide feedback to the Govt to bring necessary changes.
- Evaluation studies on the impact of activities organized.
- Holding state level or National level seminar on current issues at SCERT,A.P Hyderabad.
- Monitoring the activities at district, Mandal and school level.
- Publication of departmental activities in SCERT news letter.
- To create computer awareness & literacy by way of imparting computer training to the Teachers and Teacher Educators.
- To help Teachers and Teacher Educators to make their teaching-learning process an effective and interesting
- To raise the confidence and competency levels of the Teachers and Teacher Educators.
- To empower the teachers, and Teacher Educators with latest technical knowledge.
- To impart computer training to the primary school teachers deputed by SSA Rajiv Vidya Mission, Hyderabad.
- To facilitate Teachers and Teacher Educators generate supplementary material in digitized form.
- To improve enrollment, retention, quality of education and achievement levels of students.
- Create an IT literate Teaching Community through Computer Training Programmes.
- Teachers must use Systems and Computer Aided Learning technique as a teaching aid and also by students for remedial learning.
- To promote the use of ICT tools in distance education.
- Dr. G. Narasimha Reddy , Lecturer I/C